Headache, arm pain, neck pain, light headedness, diarrhea, clammy skin. Could this be a heart parable?

I am at work and last eveining I started to experience a headache, left arm pain, left neck pain, light headedness and diahrrea. Also, clammy skin. Could this be a heart paroble. I am a 59 year old woman
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 55 minutes later

Yes, it probably seems like a heart parable until and unless proved otherwise. It could be as a consequence of your elevated blood pressure and lipids acting on your heart.

Please go to the Emergency Room and get an ECG (Electrocardiogram) done at the earliest. If it is normal, then you are safe.

More than a primary heart disease, I feel that probably there is a persistent elevated level of your blood pressure. Please get it checked as well. Prompt and effective management of the high blood pressure will resolve your symptoms.

Your present state is better managed at the hospital in-patient setting, provided the cardiac cause is confirmed.

If the EKG and your blood pressure is normal, you can return back home and take symptomatic treatment.

I wish you quick recovery. Do write back about your progress.