Headache and tingling feeling over the body after taking Duromine. Is it normal?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi, I'm 41 years old and taking duromine 40mg. I've been on it for 3 days and what I'm experiencing is a headache and tingling feeling all over my body. Is this normal.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later

Yes, Duromine natural appetite suppressant drug containing Phentermine used for weight loss and can have the following side effects.

1. Over stimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache.
2. Dryness of the mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, other gastrointestinal disturbances.
3. Urticaria, endocrine Impotence, changes in libido.
4. Palpitation, tachycardia, elevation of blood pressure.

So these symptoms are usually expected and that is the reason one should never take it without prescription from your doctor.

So though these symptoms are not worrisome, you should consult your physician if they persist for more than a week or worsen or you develop any new symptom.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.