Headache after reducing Abilify dosage. Taking Atenolol also now. How long will it take to work?

I was taking ABilify and was able to reduce my dose. Now I have daily headaches. My doctor has added atenolol , how long would it take before it helps. I take 25 mg bid. I also have increased my abilify back to what it was before the headaches started.

Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 minutes later

Abilify (Aripiprazole) is an atypical antipsychotics with additional antidepressant who's dose reduction should always be gradual and tapering.

If the drug is stopped or dose reduced abruptly or over a short period of time it does present with side effects like headache , dizziness , mood disturbances etc.

Since you have restarted the same dose ,headache will soon subside within 2 or 3 days.Atenolol also reduces numerous side effects the drug Abilify is known to cause.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.