Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Headache after breathing paint fumes. Taken Tylenol and aspirin. Should I go to hospital?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2397 Questions

I have had a migraine headache all day today because I think Ive been breathing paint fumes. I have taken Tylenol and aspirin and my headache has not changed. Do I need to go to the hospital ?
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
hello and thanks for sending the question.

It is certainly possible that you are experiencing some effects of inhalation of the fumes. I would say that if you're otherwise feeling relatively well you should recover by removing yourself from the area where these fumes are present.

recovery might take 24 to 36 hours. It is important that you make sure that you get fresh air. It is also important that you maintain good hydration. If for some reason the symptoms get worse or if you develop anything else such as weakness blurred vision or other problems you should bring this to the attention of the local physician.

For now I would do these supportive measures and you should feel better soon.

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Headache after breathing paint fumes. Taken Tylenol and aspirin. Should I go to hospital? 13 minutes later
Thank-you, is it normal that I am having digestive problems because of this?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
it is certainly possible that this exposure could create some digestive problems including nausea and poor appetite.

Again I think you should feel better with some supportive care. Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids and eat a nice well balanced diet. I am confident you will feel better soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor