Headache after breathing paint fumes. Taken Tylenol and aspirin. Should I go to hospital?

I have had a migraine headache all day today because I think Ive been breathing paint fumes. I have taken Tylenol and aspirin and my headache has not changed. Do I need to go to the hospital ?
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
hello and thanks for sending the question.

It is certainly possible that you are experiencing some effects of inhalation of the fumes. I would say that if you're otherwise feeling relatively well you should recover by removing yourself from the area where these fumes are present.

recovery might take 24 to 36 hours. It is important that you make sure that you get fresh air. It is also important that you maintain good hydration. If for some reason the symptoms get worse or if you develop anything else such as weakness blurred vision or other problems you should bring this to the attention of the local physician.

For now I would do these supportive measures and you should feel better soon.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Headache after breathing paint fumes. Taken Tylenol and aspirin. Should I go to hospital? 13 minutes later
Thank-you, is it normal that I am having digestive problems because of this?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
it is certainly possible that this exposure could create some digestive problems including nausea and poor appetite.

Again I think you should feel better with some supportive care. Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids and eat a nice well balanced diet. I am confident you will feel better soon.