Headache after applying whiteboard pain. Is there anything that will flush it out of my system?

Question
HAVE HAD A HEADACHE FOR 3 DAY AFTER APPLYING WHITEBOARD PAINT.
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO? IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WILL FLUSH OUT OF MY SYSTEM?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Radhika 3 hours later
Hi

You have done whiteboard painting and following that you have developed headache. For some people, the smell of paint, if it is too strong can make them develop headache, breathing difficulties, irritation, asthma etc.

The best possible solution is to avoid such activities which will cause it.
You may try over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs such as Advil 200mg twice a day after your meals for 3-5 days. This will relieve you of the symptoms.

If you are still using the room which has been freshly painted you can use air freshener or spray Baking soda mixed with water in the air, this will remove some of the noxious smell. Drink lots of fluids and move out in fresh air.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.