Headache. Tried ice packs and having sharp pain in right side of head. Head hurts during chewing. Could I ask a doctor?

Jun 2015

I had a headache last week that lasted a few days. Tylenol wasn't working so I tried ice packs and that seemed to help. But today a week after, while I was eating breakfast I got a sharp pain on the right side of my head and now everytime I chew the right side of my head hurts. Should I go to the ER?
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, visit GP

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

The symptoms as mentioned in your post are suggestive of Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained with intake of analgesics & muscle relaxants.

In your post, you have not mentioned any history of injury, stress, upper respiratory tract infection or any associated symptoms like vomiting or visual disturbance.
Under such circumstances, the other causes of headache like Cluster headache, Tension headache, Sinus headache & Migraine can be ruled out.

Investigations like X XXXXXXX of the Temporomandibular joint & CT brain will be helpful. So, kindly consult your General Physician & get a proper clinical examination done.

Wishing you a good health.