Head pounding with migraine pain and my high BP, monitor plus on neck not helping. Emergency immediately?

My head is pounding with migraine pain and my bp is reading 165/140 on a cheap monitor plus my neck is killing me I have health ins but no emergency room do u advise waiting until 6am
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Your BP is very high and it is an emergency situation. If you have not taken your amlodipine,
then please take it. History of kidney failure is predisposing factor for high BP in your case.

In all probability, the headache is due to the hypertension. Even if you do not have insurance, I would suggest that you visit the ER on an urgent basis. Additionally, do not drive yourself and call for help.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Ashish Mittal, MD