Head pain after removing wisdom teeth, intermittent ear pain, dizziness. What to do?

had two wisdom teeth on left side pulled approx two weeks ago about a week ago, i statred feeling an intermittent head pain right behind left ear very fast for a second and it was intermittent Then that stopped after two days. Then a new symptom I felt intermittent ear pain it would last a few seconds again this was mostly in my left ear now that symptom has left now I am feeling unbalanced in my head not quite dizzy certain positions i was checked for vertigo my the specialist did not detect vertigo he said it may be inflammation in ear i am thinking about going to emergency room not sure what to do i have an ENT Dr appointment tomorrow please advise
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Tooth extraction is one of the common causes for an spreading ear infection.The dizziness in certain positions can be due to involvement of vestibular apparatus not enough to diagnose as virtigo.If untreated it can result in fully flourished infection and cause detectable virtigo.

The above conditions could be due to the bacteria from the tooth extraction wound.This is not difficult to treat, placing you on appropriate antibiotics will solve the problems in only few days.Need not worry.

Do not go for any tooth procedures till the ear infection is completely treated.

Since you have an appointment with the specialist, he will be examining you , confirm the fact and place you on antibiotics.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.