Head of the penis aches. Crown area gets red and inflamed. Tried cortisone cream. Permanent cure?

I've been having a problem with head of my penis. It constantly aches or burns, and if I walk a lot or sit for long periods of time, or sweat down there, I get these little red dots, and the crown area of my penis gets red and inflamed. When I get the inflammation, it gets worse by my pants rubbing on it. It only last that day, I put cortisone cream on it and by the time I wake up its 90% gone. But even when theres nothing showing, it always feels uncomfortable, and I always have to keep shifting it from side to side to keep it from rubbing. Cortisone cream seems to work the best, but it doesn't seem like its enough, I've tried alternating between that and lotion. Some days are good, some are worse then other. Its weird cause not matter what, when I start my day in the morning everything seems and feels fine. its aways towards the afternoon that it seems to get worse, or if I do I lot of walking like I said. This had been going on for 4 months now.. PLEASE HELP
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may be having candidal balanoposthitis....

Detailed Answer:

After reading history it seems that probably you may be having balanoposthitis.

The cause would be Candida albicans .. it is a fungus.

So, the disease can be called candidal balanoposthitis(CBP).

If you can send photo of the lesion, I can give proper advice.

You should be investigated to rule out DM,HIV,anaemia,immunocompromised conditions,other XXXXXXX disease...

Hygiene of groin area and genital area should be improved.

Take a Sitz bath daily in dettol containing water.

Improve immunity by immunoboosters.

Take healthy diet.

Take antifungal like itraconazole or ketoconazole. For 2 to 3 weeks.

If you feel having infection.. Pain,pus,swelling ..then take antibiotics.

Anti inflammatory drugs may be taken to enhance the recovery.

Apply combined antibacterial and antifungal cream on glance of penis for long time.

Avoid steroid cream,which can exacerbate the lesion after temporary relief.

If you have relapses, I would like to suggest for circumcision operation.

However, you take treatment under supervision of dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer. However, still if you have query,you are welcome.

Thanks and wishing you early cure.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD