Ask a Urologist   »  

Head of penis covered in smegma, itchy. What can I do to stop this?

every morning i wake up with the head of my penis covered in smegma. i clean it often and i take regular showers. because of this it causes my penis to become very itchy. what can i do to stop this. it cause embaresment as me and my girl friend don't see each other that often and i don't wan to put off having sex because of this problem. its currently taking over my life.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 29 minutes later

Thanks for the query

This kind of conditions are commonly seen in diabetics

I would ask you

1. Is your blood sugar under control ?, If so what is he value and when was it ?

2. Do you have any history of unprotected sex with any commercial sex worker or any other female ?

3. Is this smegma, a reason for both of you not seeing each other often, or any other reason ?

4. Do you have phimosis ?

I am available for further clarifications

Thank you