Head is tingling with numb feeling and have shortness of breath. Do you think this is anxiety related?

My head is tingling (sort of a numb feeling), and I have shortness of breath. I have seen my normal doctor and everything checked out ok. Do I need to see a nuerologist or do you think this is anxiety related? I have had a lot of life changes lately.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Since nothing has been found out by your doctor on your physical examination and coupled with the symptoms of breathlessness and feeling of numbness of head clearly points out that you are suffering from anxiety and depression related issues.
It is very common to have numb feeling of any part of body to have numb feeling if you are tensed up.
Similarly anxiety can make you hyperventilate where person starts breathing too quickly and has shallow breaths.
You already have a history of bipolar disorder,so i advise you to consult a psychiatrist for proper counselling and treatment.
Till then do the following
Start doing regular exercises like running or doing brisk walk
Do yoga and deep creating exercises.
Avoid alcohol ,smoking or any other substance of abuse.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck