Head injury, taken turmeric hot milk, Thrombophob and Benzyl nicotinate. Should CT scan be done?

my son got smashed to the cemented ground and got a big bump on right sided forehead we have given him turmeric hot milk and using thrombophob ointment of heparin and benzil nicotinate....these kinds of injuries were in his acute childhood also...We are worried ....what to do ? shall we consult some other doctors or can go for CT Scans types ...Please guide us.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 5 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I am sorry for not being able to answer your query earlier.

From your query I understand that your son accidentally hit his head on a concrete surface following which he has developed a large swelling on the forehead.

If your son had/has any of the following symptoms or complaints, you should take him to the hospital immediately.

1. Lost consciousness.
2. Developed fits/seizures.
3. Does not remember how he sustained the injury.
4. Is complaining of severe headache.
5. Complains of blurred vision or any other visual disturbance.
6. Is speaking irrelevantly.
7. Has vomiting.

Even if he does not have any of the above mentioned symptoms, it is worth visiting your nearest emergency room /Casualty to rule out any possible head injury.

Hope You understand the importance of my message.

Hope the information provided here will help you make a better decision and will be of help to you.

Please write back if you have any further questions.

Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Wishing your son a speedy recovery.