Head injury, shortness of breath, feeling sick

I was in an accident two days ago where I was thrown off a momped at approximately 45-50 mph. I know I hit my head, however, I was wearing a helmet. I cannot actually remember the accident happening and I think I may have blacked out for a few seconds as I don't remember the few moments right after the accident. I was seeing double for a few minutes after the accident and have had difficulty focusing since then. Now today I have begun to feel rather sick and am feeling very short of breath like I just can't quite catch my breath. I am getting a bit nervous that these may be connected and am wondering what I should do.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) may result in a bad headache, altered levels of alertness, or unconsciousness (only in severe cases). It temporarily interferes with the way your brain works, and it can affect memory, judgment, reflexes, speech, balance, coordination, and sleep patterns.
From your symptoms, it seems that you are having delayed symptoms of a subdural hemorrhage. This problem needs an immediate medical attention and investigations like CT scan and MRI are entailed. I encourage you to consult a physician or a neurologist who can guide you through the tests. You can also attend to an ER for early diagnosis and treatment.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.