Head injury, paresthesia in eye and cheek, numbness in tongue, agitation. Due to PSC or maxillary sinusitis?

I have a short question... one year I have CIDP.... I recovered g0od, but there appeared some problems again.... But it is ok.... During my problem I used to be desperate, occasionally I would hit myslef to the head, with hand, first my strength was no good, so I could not harm myself, however, I regained my strengthg, and occasionaly, durign neuropatic issues I would do the same, unit once I experinced dizzines, confusion, memory problems, but i recovered...

Recently I did hit myself again in the head, but very mild, however, in the evening I noticed some peresthesia in left eye, cheeck, next I felt some numbness in my tongue, it comes and go.... but also I feel very agitated, have a kind of feeling I could get seizure....
now, I understand repetead head injuries can cause post concusion syndrome.... and I am sure these mental things are due to it....
However i don't know why I have burning in left face, numb tongue, can it also be due to PSC, it came after hit.... But I just learned I have maxillary sinusitis whcih can cause these sensation, including in tongue by iritatain lingual nerve (I don't think it is CIDP becaues it differs from any symptom I have and CIDP is allways in both side)

Any advice...
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 15 hours later

Your symptoms are quite varied and do not point to a single ailment. You are correct as they are not the result of Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP).

Repeated minor head injuries can cause concussion injuries. However in view of recurring problem of dizziness, confusion, memory problems and this time with numbness in my tongue following repeated hitting of the head, I suggest Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of brain and an Electroencephalogram (EEG).

The test will identify if any neurological injuries / condition is the cause of all your symptoms. If the test results are normal, then you may need a psychiatric consult to rule out other causes.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any doubts/concerns, feel free to write back.

Follow-up: Head injury, paresthesia in eye and cheek, numbness in tongue, agitation. Due to PSC or maxillary sinusitis? 4 hours later

i forgot to say that MRI showed to be nrmal, but is showed maxillary sinuse infection and some other sinus issues, can it be corelated. I mean sinuses and these problesm, somebody says maxilary sinus can iritate maxilary nerve and lingual nerve,... but mental confuison can not result from that...

Warm regards
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 5 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

You are correct in your assumption that sinusitis cannot explain your symptoms. My other observations are same as per earlier communication

Dr. Pratap