Head injury by falling bucket, done icing. Feeling tired, painful area

Oncologist, Surgical
I was lying outside on patio yesterday...and a bucket(not heavy)...was on railing...not that high above..and the wind must have blown and hit me on the top of the back of my head ...I was hurt...but iced it immediately off and on for hrs...was up in middle of night with some pain..iced it again..
this morning feel fine except tired and it hurts..I have pain in the area that the bucket fell on me ...It was about 3 feet not directly above my head..I was lying on my stomache..head to one side..and was hit by this flying bucket...(a bucket that is not heavy..but used for ex..washing a car)...I have pain in the area..and have iced it off and on for over 12 hrs now...

Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 hours later
Dear maam,

I am very sorry to hear about your accident. By your description it does not seem to be a major injury and you did the right thing by applying ice over it. There are symptoms after a head injury which require evaluation by a doctor and a CT of the brain. These symptoms are persistent headache, vomiting, loss of consciousness. If you experience any of them, please go to the nearest ER and get yourself evaluated.

Hope you get well soon.