Head injury. Will masturbating with a concussion cause aneurysm?

Neurologist
Question
Yesterday my friend threw a quarter at my temple and it hurt but nothin insane pain. When I got home I masturbated. My head was still hurting so I went online and asked it said if you masturbate with concussion you can get an aneurysm. But I dont know if the quarter gave me a concussion is that.possible???I was very paronoid and scared. The nxt moring.i woke up it was hurtin a lil and also burnin in both ears idk if that from the hit but its scaring me alot and my temple still kinda hurts too. Do you think.i have an anuerysm what should I do because iam very scared.please help me
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 8 hours later

Regarding the occurrence of headache and aneurysm, only major injuries to the head like a road traffic accidents and fall from a height can cause deeper injuries to the brain structures and can cause traumatic aneurysm. However considering the grade of your injury, I personally feel you are not suffering from either concussion or an aneurysm.

Any headache is bound to increase with exertion acts like masturbation. I personally recommend you to take pain killer like tylenol or aspirin for 2-3 days and you should be able to get rid of the pain. If symptom increases or persists beyond 48 hours you can go to the ER (Emergency Room) and ask for a CAT (Computerized Tomography) scan of the head.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Neurologist & Epileptologist

Follow-up: Head injury. Will masturbating with a concussion cause aneurysm? 23 hours later
thank you that was very informative but I was just wondering because the qaurter was thrown.preety hard does this matter with fettin concussion or propably not. Also I read if you mastur ate with concussion that what causes aneursym is that but if I didnt get a concussion it goid it hurt a lil.bit too the 2nd day

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 37 minutes later
Hello and Thanks for the query.

If it is thrown very hard sometimes can cause concussion. However all concussions does not lead to aneurysm formation unless it directly injuries the artery of the brain.

So I personally feel that your are not harboring an aneurysm. Continue on your pain killers for another 24 hours. If pain persist you can proceed for CAT scan.

I hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Neurologist & Epileptologist