Head injury. Used ice and ibuprofen for the pain. Getting headache. Took celexa. How to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I hit my temple on the corner of a chair around Christmas. At the time I hit it, it hurt quite badly & I used ice & ibuprofen for the pain. It continued to hurt and feel tender to the touch for a few days afterwards. I also felt like I had a sensation of some fluid in my ear on the same side as the injury (no fluid every leaked out of the ear, but rather it was the sensation of when you get a bit of water in your ear when your swimming, etc.). Fast forward to last week. I started having pretty serious headaches that I attributed to a virus or something like that. The headache has persisted and I continue to have a mild sensation in the temple area. Could thse current symptoms be from the temple injury at Christmas? On a side, I started taking Celexa on this past Saturday, as prescribed by my Ob/Gyn for PPMD. I understand that one of the side effects of that is headaches, but the headaches did start last week prior to the start of Celexa.
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Since your headache started prior to starting Celexa, it is likely to be related to the injury you had near Christmas.
This is a warning symptom and indicates that the injury is not mild and external in nature as such injuries can also be XXXXXXX

In such a case, it is always better to get a physical examination and a CT/ MRI head done to rule out any subdural hemorrhage.

Symptoms of subdural hemorrhage have a slower onset than those of epidural hemorrhages because the lower pressure veins bleed more slowly than arteries. Thus signs and symptoms may show up within 24 hours but can be delayed as much as 2 weeks.

Kindly consider visiting a Physician or a neurologist earliest for clinical examination and required investigations.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.