Head injury. Led to dizziness, fullness in ear, twitch in eyelid. Is it sinus? Take a CAT scan?

Im 33 female, very healthy. 5"4 inches and weigh 122. Surgery in August c-section, no complications.

I hit my head on my left side temple area in my parents home pretty hard. Did not loose conciousness or mental status. This was 8 days ago. Went to doctor, sent me home said I was fine. Im still fairly dizzy at times, with ear fullness and a slight twitch on my right eyelid. Never had this before. Doctor said probably sinus. Do I need a cat scan to make certain???? Im very very scared. As this is still going on. Thank you very much
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. James M. Schwartz 28 minutes later

I am happy to help answer your question.

However, I need some further clarification. You say "still" dizzy. Does this mean you were also dizzy soon after the injury? If so, then you sustained a concussion, by definition. It sounds like it would be classified as a mild concussion. If this is the case, then it would not be unusual to have ongoing dizziness 8 days later. Your doctor's physical exam is most useful in deciding whether or not you need a CT scan. Dizziness alone would not be a reason for getting one. A slight twitch in the eyelid is often the result of stress, so I would not place too much stock in that symptom either.

Please feel free to follow up if necessary. If you are satisfied with the answer, please accept it.

Dr. Schwartz