Head hit on ice. Started bleeding with swelling and tingling sensation in head. Any relief?

2 weeks ago i fell on the ice and hit my head causing slight swelling and bleeding over my right eye. At the time I didn't loose consciousness and didn't have any real signs of a concussion. I went to work the following day. Over the last 2 days i have started to experience a numb tingling sensation in the right hand side of my head, something i have never experienced before. It feels like something is blocked. However, this could be due to excess stress i have at the moment due to work, interviews etc. (my gp said i 'may' suffer from slight anxiety a few months back). Please advise.

Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Hello Sir,
Thanks for posting your query in HCM
Let me tell you that the severity of brain injury can be judged by the presence or absence of certain symptoms. These are loss of consciousness, vomiting, convulsion, weakness of hands, legs etc.
In the absence of these symptoms a serious brain injury is unlikely; though cannot be ruled out completely

The presence of isolated numb and tingling sensation does not suggest the possibility of a serious problem
The best way to resolve this issue id to get examined by a neurologist and if there are no clinical neurological deficits, you don’t have to investigate further.
Apart form this you need to learn the techniques of relaxation and avoid stress
Hope this will help you

Dr Gopal K Dash