Head heaviness, dizzy spells, tight neck muscles. No change with antibiotics. Neuro, blood test, BP normal. Do I have MS or Parkinson's?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
For 4 weeks now on and off I have had a feeling of fullness in my left side of head along with A prickling, buzzing, pressing sensation in a c shape from neck round left ear to upper head on left
Had antibiotics nothing chnaged, also intermittently had dizzy spells like XXXXXXX head rush with hot
Feeling shaky body feeling, usually worse at night and in morning. Some mornings
Wake up shaky and feel like im internally trembly.
Dr said my neck muscles and should were vey tight and this could be making me dizzy. It's not a persistent diziness by can come on at anytime. One day I'm ok next day trembly and feel unsteady.
I can't shift the sore, left head though sometimes it feels like someone is pressing down in the cnwtre of my head. Had a very bad night on sat and ended up at a@e passed The neuro tests (walking, fingers, little hammer etc) bloods fine, bp fine, ct was thankfully normal. I saw an ent dr last night and he was happy with all the balance tests he performed checked nasal
Passage saw damage on left side from infections but not anything else. He doesn't think it's an inner ear problem. He said it might be blood pressure but that is controlled with mess. He's ordered an MRI but says he doesn't expect to icons anything (fingers crossed) I just don't understand why I feel so weird, I've had some physio on neck and she said the muscle can cause this but would it go and come back. I am worried I have ms or Parkinson's as some days I feel so odd. Please help ?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Hello .

Please do not worry, your doctors may be right in stating the neck muscle spasm to be the cause .
A muscle will not continue to remain in a state of spasm so your symptoms might come and go in bouts.

Regarding your fear of MS or Parkinsons, they are not very likely in your case due to the following reasons.

Your signs and symptoms do not suggest Parkinson's, the tremor, rigidity and postural instability of Parkinson's are different than what you experienced, morever your neurological examination being normal eliminates any doubts.

MS can cause any number of varied neurological symptoms but it is a progressive disease with
worsening and spreading of lesions and symptoms.The diagnosis is mostly done by csf
examination or neuroimaging like CT scan or MRI to see for demyelinating lesions..Since your CT
is normal most likely your MRI would be the same and thats all you need at present to rule out MS.

So as of now the situation doesn't seem worrisome and might resolve gradually if the cause is the muscle spasm or a nasopharynx virus.You should continue the current treatment including physiotherapy for early relief.

The most important thing to do would be to avoid any stress as stress itself can worsen your symptoms or delay healing by lowering immunity of the body.

Hope I have answered your query. You are welcome to ask any follow-up query you might have.

Please press the accept button, in case you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Head heaviness, dizzy spells, tight neck muscles. No change with antibiotics. Neuro, blood test, BP normal. Do I have MS or Parkinson's? 2 hours later
I don't have pain in my neck just achey and a bit stiff? My shoulder is also achey. Why
Does the strange sensation in my scalp not subside?
Thank you for advising me it is much appreciate
I just can't understand - I was fine 4 weeks ago and now feel
Strange. The trembly feeling is very horrible
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 7 hours later
Hello again.

I understand your health concern but please have patience.

Many a times certain neurological phenomena do start abruptly and resolve on their own.

If the MRi is normal and you still have the symptoms you can get other tests like an MR angiography of brain or encephalogram or CSF studies done.

But I think, you dont require it and morever the ultimate aim is to treat the symptoms or illness which you are undergoing.

So please continue with your treatment and wait and watch for a couple of weeks more.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no further queries.

Wishing you good health and speedy recovery.