Head bumped against wall, big lump, tenderness, numbness. Normal or serious symptoms ?

About 5 weeks ago I slipped and bumped my head on a XXXXXXX wall. The lump was very big, I could only just cup my hand over it. It's gone down but still there slightly and theres an area that's still very tender and numb. I live in a remote community and the nearest hospital is about 500km away so I've had no xray or seen a doctor. Is this still serious or normal considering the force of the bump.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Its very unusual for such an injury to hurt even after 5 weeks.I suspect here it could be due to a unattended sutural fracture of the skull bone. Though not XXXXXXX as it had been 5 weeks without any complication but it is always good not to ignore such injuries.Do get an Xray and make sure that there is no big fracture which can sometimes complicate in internal bleeding when triggered by a minor hit again or any kind of disturbances to the old injury.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.