Hbsag is positive. What can I do?

hi doctor my hbsag is positivebut i need it negative as soon as possible wat can i do
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
repeat test. cannot turn to negative. monitor

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Since you got HBsAg positive, you can recheck for it in different lab. Once positive you can't change it to negative.

If your repeat test also comes as positive then you should look for HBV dna quantitative test and liver function tests. These test are required to look for the status of virus and its any effect on liver.
In 95% of people with positive HBsAg, virus remains in silent phase but in remaining 5% this may progress to effect on liver. And hence monitoring of your values are required once in every 6 months.

Hope this answered your query and helped you to maintain good health. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.