Hba1c-5.2, Fasting blood sugar test-70 and Mean Glucose EBT-103. Indicate pre-diabetes?

On Apr 20th 2013, I had my annual physical:
CMP with eFGR for Glucose was 105

On Apr 25th 2013, I had more tests done related to Glucose:
Hba1c was 5.2
Fasting blood sugar test was 70
Mean Glucose EBT ( I think it is EBT) was 103

Does this point to pre-diabetes?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 12 days later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored providing an answer to your health question.

Pre-diabetes is purely a laboratory diagnosis. This comprises of blood glucose estimations readings which are higher than normal but not high enough to make the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus type2. If nothing is done, most persons will develop diabetes within 10years. Recent studies have suggested that if you have prediabetes, the long-term damage of diabetes — especially to your heart and circulatory system — may already be starting.
The following are used to make the diagnosis:
-HBA1C: 6-6.5%
-Fasting blood sugar, the values range from 100-125mg/dl.
-Oral glucose tolerance test: 140-199mg/dl
With the above information and considering the results of your testing and follow up tests, you cannot be considered as having pre-diabetes. This is because the best indicator of your blood sugar levels which is HBA1c is 5.2%, way below the minimum value of 6% needed to make this diagnosis.

All the others can be used when HBA1c is not available.

Also, I will like you to write the full meaning of eFGR and EBT. I have a strong feeling that these are not standard abbreviations or commonly used when talking about glucose. This may be helpful to us though not needed to make the diagnosis of prediabetes.

I hope this answers your query.
I wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.