Hazy spots in the MRI, vertigo, dizziness. Family history of stroke. CAT scan awaited. What can be the causes of spots?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Mri showed what doctor described as hazy spots, said possible article, what are possible causes, could this be nothing? My wife has had vertigo for one year as well, had therapy and dizzyness went away but said she still feels like her head is "stuffy" a little unbalanced sometimes still.
she has been scheduled to have a cat scan friday, we are just wondering what percentages are with these symptoms, are 95% nothing to worry about or with these symptoms and mri results percentages high that something is wrong. One last thing, her father had a stroke at age 45, from a brain aneurism.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

The presence of hazy spots on an MRI is not always clinically significant.

Most of the times these are minor benign non significant lesions.

You can upload the MRI report in the box provided on the right side of the query box. Having a detailed report will help me understanding your problem better.

Since I do not have all the details and a privilege to examine your wife my assessment is severely limited.

Scans alone don't necessarily answer every problem. Integrating the scan information with a patient's clinical history and physical exam are essential.

You can follow up with your neurologist for a detailed clinical correlation after you get the CAT (computerized axial tomography) scan done.

Please do not worry. Go ahead for a complete evaluation.

Awaiting your response.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.