Having yellowish coloured urine for a long time. Is there anything wrong?

Good day Doc
i am 27 yrs of age, long ago i have been having yellowish urine, sometimes colorless, but more often i am used to having yellowish urine, pls doc, is there anything wrong with me? having a yellowish urine, is it a symptom of fever in my body? i need your help
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 33 minutes later
if you have been having yellowish coloured urine for a fairly long time, it is unlikely to be a serious issue, but just to confirm that things are indeed normal, it would not be a bad idea to get a few basic tests done to evaluate kidney function. These include 1) a complete urine analysis 2) Serum Creatinine - a blood test to assess if kidney is excreting the waste products as it should 3) an ultrasound examination of kidneys.
Most likely, you will need to improve your fluid intake - an intake of about a glass of water of 250 ml every hour when you are awake should be sufficient for your urine to clear. On rare occasions, urinary infections and other causes can also cause your urine to become darker, but if you have no fever or pain in your abdomen, it is unlikely that you will be harbouring either of these. Anyway, the simple tests I mentioned earlier should be able to give us a fairly good idea of what is happening. We can take it from there.
Hope I have been able to help you. Regards.
Follow-up: Having yellowish coloured urine for a long time. Is there anything wrong? 31 hours later
Thanks Doctor, will carry out the test to confirm after that would get back to you. thanks Dr..
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
You are welcome. Let me know the progress.