Having yellowish bumps on anus and scrotum. What is the cure?

My 17 yr old son has irregular lumps along the line from his anus to the top of his scrotum, they appear yellowish. He says it is not comfortable but not painful
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: skin warts, most probably... Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. From your description, they seem like skin warts and they are quite treatable. A physical examination is a must to take further decision. If your son can upload a photo of the lesions, I will be better able to help. The photos can also be send at YYYY@YYYY and address it to my name Ref: Dr G Srinivasan Hope this helps. Best regards
Follow-up: Having yellowish bumps on anus and scrotum. What is the cure? 19 minutes later
they are completely inline and are not on the skin but appear completely along the line that splits his scrotum, he is very embarassed about them and one urologist has said they are possibly infected hair follicles, but they neither to the left or the right only up the middle and are of different sizes, but the entire line appears swollen.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Quite treatable----------------------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome back. I will be able to help better if photos are available. If the diagnosis made by your urologist is correct - that is infected hair follicles, then it is easily treatable with a course of antibiotics. Hope this helps. Best regards,