Having yellow bloodshot eyes and night vision flares. What is the required treatment?

i have yellow bloodshot eyes and at night my vision had what you would called flares, the car headlights beams shoot sideways across my eyes
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
in view of your past history of bruised retina and present complaint of what we call as flashes of light i would be keen for you to have a complete retinal examination to rule out any active pathology.
such complaints can also occur in cases of vitreous detachment .It is primarily retinal degenerations which are to be ruled out in the periphery of the retina.
As far as your blood shot eyes are concerned this is a surface disorder and some over the counter medications like Visine are very helpful in these cases.
Have a retinal examination and any difficulty please do get back to us.
Follow-up: Having yellow bloodshot eyes and night vision flares. What is the required treatment? 16 hours later
i also have noticed two spots on my eyes, looks like little white growth on the white part of my eye. My cholersterol is within normal limits. My eyes are glassy and under the bottom eye lids very pale, but my hemoglobin and Hct. are within normal limits. my eyes don't burn or sting. this has only happened 3 times this month in the night, It was like laser beams, lines shotting out. it is only with headlights on cars. I will see an opthamologist immediateley. can you drive after pupil dilation. Do you really think this is retinal degeneration, or what kind of other patohology do you think this could be. Can Topamax cause this . I am on 100 mg and a low dose of Lamictal 75 mg, and i noticed a little blurry vision but not the lights that i am talking about
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Thanks for getting back to us.
I am quiet sure that you have nothing wrong with your eyes.Having that in the back of our mind we have to methodically check out each complaint and rule out the worst possibilities.
A complete retinal examination will keep our mind at rest.
The two spots on the white of eye are called pingiculae and are of no significance and we do not treat them.
Any further query you are welcome.