Having white vaginal discharge and swollen lymph node. Had yeast infection. Discharge turned light green. What could this be?

Question
i have been having some white vaginal discharge and what appears to be a swollen lymph node in the crease of my upper thigh. I bought a test to see if it was just a yeast infection but it turned light green which indicated it could be more serious. I tried to set up an appointment w/ an obgyn but they are booked up till the end of the year. what could it be and what should i do?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly a parasitic infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
Considering your age the most likely cause of this Lymph node enlargement is secondary to infection.
Most common cause of such an infection is a parasitic infection. This may be asymptomatic in any individual.
This can be easily treated by antibiotics. Both partners need treatment & avoid sex until clear of infection.
You may visit a General Practitioner to get a prescription or for an early referral to Gynecologist or you may go to a STD clinic or Genito-urinary medicine clinic, if these are present in your area.
Hope I have given you some help.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Having white vaginal discharge and swollen lymph node. Had yeast infection. Discharge turned light green. What could this be? 4 minutes later
what kind of parasitic infection could it be?

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some common causes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply.
It could be Trichomonas infection ( most likely). Gonrrhea, Foreign body infection, mixed infections & pelvic inflammatory diseases are other possibilities.