Ask a Dentist   »  

Having white tongue, bad breath. Treatment?

ENT Specialist
throatI'm 30 yrs old blk female 5'6 218lbs.. I been having problems with my breath I can brush all day long and still spell it.. when I brush fling come up.. my tongue stay white... can you please help me...
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. The most common cause of halitosis (bad breath) is pungent foodstuff, tongue, gum and dental disease. get a Dental opinion.

2. The tongue is often heavily coated with bacteria and fungi which emit the foul odor causing chemicals. This is often associated with indigestion and acid reflux.

3. Get a physician's opinion. Diabetes must be ruled out.

4. Get a videolaryngosocpy done. Acid reflux is also a leading cause. Nasal and sinus disease may also be the source of bad breath.

5. Your physician may advise tests to rule out lung, liver and kidney disease.

6. Kindly let me know the results of your tests. This will help in suggesting further treatment.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.