Having white spots on nail. Taking multivitamins, zinc, calcium, and b vitamins. No improvement. Suggest the alternative treatment?

I have always got withe spots on my nails, but is beginning to bother me, and it on all the fingers! I have been told by a doctor and a dermatologist that it was not harmful and there was nothing to. I take multivitamins, zink, calcium, and b vitamins for over a year but nothing its helping, as soon as knock my nails (not hard) on something the withe spot will appear on the nail. the only thing that will make it stop is clear nail polish it seems to be working. But I hope there is a other way to make it stop..
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 minutes later
Thanks for the query,

These lines are mainly due to vitamin deficiency,
Another thing is defect in differentiation of cells of nail.

Your doctor was totally correct in saying that it is harmless.
Even then if you want treatment, you can try capsule acitretin.
XXXXXXX your dermatologist and discuss regarding this.

I cannot ascertain you result but it might help you.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you