Having white spot in anus, painful. Had unprotected anal sex. Guide

Dermatologist
Question
i have a small white spot about an inch from my anus; it is mildly painful. i am sexually active, including unprotected anal sex. had unprotectted anal sex on tuesday and wednesday and noticed the spot thursday
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 55 minutes later
Hello thanks for the query and supportive photograph.
You are probably suffering from a condition called as lichen sclerosis. It is a progressive condition.
Slowly it might spread to entire anal area so urgent treatment is needed.
The treatment for this is potent steroids.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Having white spot in anus, painful. Had unprotected anal sex. Guide 16 hours later
this is a single white bump. it does not appear to be patchy and it does not itch. could it just be a pimple?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 minutes later
Yes it could be a pimple.
But the color is worrying.
You are homosexual and had hiv positivity. Both these conditions are predisposing factors for lichen sclerosus.
Though it is not very XXXXXXX condition and also progresses very slowly, I would advice to get it examined by a dermatologist once.
Wishing you a good health.
Thank you