Having white sopts on skin after typhoid. Is this leprosy? Is it curable or hereditary?

hello doctor I went to see a gal for marriage yesterday and she told me that she discovered white sopts on her skin after typhoid three monts ago and she is not sure what exactly is that. she also told me that her cousin sis has same problem. my question is whether this is symptom of leprosy? whether this will spread all over the body? is this curable? is this heridatory?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Typhoid is a different disease and per se it does not cause depigmentation patches and can not lead to leprosy either.
So it's presence 3month back has nothing to do with the white spots.
The white spots can be vitiligo where they have a genetic incidence.
It can be a Tinea Versicolor, a fungal infection- potentially treatable,
Rarely it can be a leprosy also in that case there would be a loss of sensation at the patches, this is also treatable.
The first thing you need is to confirm a diagnosis and you would need a local physical examination by a dermatologist.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.