Ask a Dentist   »  

Having white pliable lump on the side of tongue. Both molars are removed on that side. Treatment?

Hi doctor, I've had an irregular white pliable lump on the side of my tongue for ages. No change in size or shape, doesn't hurt, I have had both molars removed top and bottom on that side and fairly regularly bite my tongue when eating! Thanks, XXXX
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Implants and partial removable dentures are options

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Looks like a tongue bite. Tongue biting can be prevented. Once the missing teeth is replaced, tongue interference can be successfully prevented.

As per your history, you can plan to go for implants for both the upper and lower jaw.The second available option is partial dentures for the missing teeth in that area.

You can make a choice among the two after meeting your Oral Surgeon.

One more thing I would like to mention here is that, implants can be given only when you have very healthy supporting bone but dentures can be given to every patient.

There is a great difference in cost too for both the treatment options .Therefore please see your dental surgeon once and go for the suitable treatment.

Please let me if my opinion is clear.