Having white mucus discharge and mild cramps like periods, nauseous. Pregnancy test negative. Suggest?

I am having white muscus discharge and mild cramps like my period should be starting and I've been nauseous for the past 6 days I took a pregnancy test yesterday which came up negative but my period isn't late yet. What are the chances that I am in fact pregnant
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 1 hour later

Thanks for using healthcare magic.

Actually if the period is still not late, it is difficult to say whether you are pregnant or not.
The pregnancy test comes positive by 21st to 23rd day of your period, if the hormonal levels are adequate. Ideally it should be done after you miss your period.

If you are very anxious you can get a ultrasound done to see whether you are pregnant or not.

Just white discharge and being nauseous does not indicate pregnancy, it can be due to other reasons also.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani