Having white hair on chest, hands, legs and also in private parts. Suggestions

Dear doctor i am 31 years old male and recently one year before got married. My height is 171 cms and weight is 72 kgs. My problem is white hair. At the age of 26 i have started to applying XXXXXXX in little bit but now for the past 6 years i am applying fully XXXXXXX to my head hair.
white hairs started in my bairs and mustache in the last 3 years. Now my main worry is white hairs started in my body also i.e chest, underwear area . Especially in chest area its growing very fast. I am worrying within 1 or 2 years white hairs spreads in all parts of my body. please advise what is the remedy to stop atleast spreading of white hairs in body.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 43 minutes later

I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same.

Your concern is that of premature graying of hair.
While premature canities (graying of hair) may appear without underlying pathology, it has also been associated with certain underlying conditions also like:
Pernicious anemia
B12 deficiency
Several rare syndromes (e.g. progeria, Werner's syndrome, Cri du Chat syndrome)
After beginning chloroquine treatment
Smoking has been associated with premature graying of hair

I also need to make you aware that in at least 99 percent cases, no underlying pathology is usually found and it is idiopathic.

Now coming to the available treatment options, there are not many options available for the hair which have already turned grey. But there are few options for arresting the further progress.
Diet plays a major role in preventing and arresting premature graying of hair. So, eating lots of fruits and vegetable, which contains vitamins and minerals are recommended. Vitamins, proteins, iron and iodine are some of the essential nutrients. Diet should include fresh green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, juices, white meat, sea food, eggs and dairy products. These food products will provide the essential nutrients which will help them develop internally as well as externally. It is very important to note that reversing the process would be quite impossible since it is natural.

Next a combination of calcium and pantothenic acid tablets are given thrice a day for at least a period of three months. This has been found to arrest the further progress in some cases, although it has not been 100% successful in doing the same.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wishing you speedy recovery

Dr Geetika Paul