Having white discharge and red,hot and itchy lumps spread all over vagina. Is this yeast infection?

I have been having this itching and burning down stairs. I also have these little red lumps that become red, hot and itchy, very small like 3mm long, raised, and spread all over, I do currently have white discharge, and is very uncomfortable. I am gussing i would have a yeast infection? I am sexually active though to one partner. Also I have another problem on a small strip of raised red, sensitive and painful skin, just between my ass and vagina, its a little raised and soft. Could you please help? I have been using Canesten creme and is helping but certaintly not fast enough.
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for you query.

The symptoms and the description of the symptoms fits well into the diagnosis of Candidiasis (yeast).

If the Canesten cream is helping , then the possibilities of it being Yeast is more.

You can go for Vaginal Flucanazole tablets available in the market a 7 day course with would treat the condition well.

The itching can be relieved by taking antihistaminics like Tab Benadryl once in the night for 5 days.

The skin between the anus and the vaginal edge you mention would be a side effect of the yeast infection.Treating the yeast infection will treat the skin congestion there.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.