Ask a Urologist   »  

Having white blood cells in urine, frequent urination and constipation. Should I get a CT scan of stomach?

I am showing white blood cells in urine, no nitrates. Low grade fever. Frequent urination, pain afterwards. Home testing. Also, recent gall bladder type attacks, right side under rib, shoulder- had them long time, ultrasound showed gallbladder and liver 'fine.' Constipation, bloating. Should I get a CT scan on my stomach area? Could my gallbladder be infected? Intestional tract?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Urinary tract infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query If you have low grade fever with frequent urination and pus cells are present in urine then you are suffering from a urinary tract infection. It is ideally treated with oral levofloxacin for a period of 5 to 7 days, please give a urine culture test before starting antibiotics. Approach a physician for a prescription For the right under the rib pain please associated with constipation and bloating please get a CT scan of the abdomen done to rule out gall stones which can be easily missed on ultra sound Since you already have an urinary tract infection, your low grade fever must be because of the urinary tract infection rather than a gall bladder infection (cholecystitis) and also patients with cholecystitis have severe pain abdomen, the pain you are having could be just because of a small gall stone causing obstruction I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards