Having weakness. Not able to concentrate on work. Does weakness reduces intelligence?

does weekness reduces intelligence . i have been reporting this from last 1 year that i am not able to concentrate and dont have any intrest for the things .kindly update on this .
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 22 hours later

Your health concern seems to be quite inter-related.

To an extent, yes, weakness reduces intelligence. What kind of weakness are you talking about? Physical weakness makes a person lethargic, and numbs the brain to an extent. In such a situation, the person would not be able to think more and hence intelligence would be down too.

Since you have this problem since a year now, a thorough evaluation of the same is warranted.

We need to check for metabolic disorders, endocrine disorders like Hypothyroidism that cause such symptoms.

In my view, you must consult a medical endocrinologist at the earliest or even a psychotherapist for help.

You seem to have no interest for things. You would benefit from a few counseling sessions as well.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Follow-up: Having weakness. Not able to concentrate on work. Does weakness reduces intelligence? 20 hours later
thanks a lot madam for ur information and advice .
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 hours later
It is my pleasure to have been of help to you.

Wish you good health.

Take care!