Having watery stools. Lot of indigestion. Feeling sick. Suggest

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have been having very watery stools in the morning only, for the last three days and a lot of intergestion and feel sick,and when i burp the sick feeling go away
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 1 hour later
Thanks for your querry posted to XXXXXXX
In deed, all your symptoms can be explained because of indigestion and acid peptic disease; like loose watery stool only once throughout the day and bloating of abdomen relieved after burping.
These episodes do sometimes occur in advanced age, due to stress and anxiety, lack of sleep and after consuming spicy and irritant food etc.
At this time the best advice would be
1. Take simple non spicy food and avoid irritant food and drinks.
2.Take plenty of water with added electrolytes.
3. Any antacid for few days.
4. Can take any probiotics to restore the normal intestinal flora.

How ever if severity or frequency increases or the symptoms present for prolonged periods, consult your doctor to investigate for presence of any other organic disease.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health".