Having vomiting sensation while travelling. BP is low, tired and nervous. Suggest the medication?

Hi Doctor,
My grand mother is 85 Year old diabetic but healthy lady. Of late she developed a vomiting sensation while she travel by car or bus. Last time when she traveled by car and vomited more than 10 times in spite of not having any food. And also her BP is also down resulted she was so nervous and tired.

Quickly want to ask you Doctor. We are travelling again with her this time by bus in a night journey for 12 hours. Kindly diagnose any medications for this problem.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take preventive tablet before road journey

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr. XXXX,

Good evening to you.

Thanks for your query. I appreciate your concerns.

* The symptoms provided suggest that your grandmother is suffering from motion sickness and unlikely due to effect/complication of diabetes.

* I would suggest that you give her any drug belonging to antihistaminic group, such as, Promethazine (Tab Pherergan 25mg tablet) one tablet at bedtime on the night PRIOR to the day of journey AND half tablet, one hour BEFORE the journey begins.

* However, this drug causes drowsiness. Hence, she will most likely be sleeping for most of the journey. The decision will have to be your if this undesirable effect is acceptable to you.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal
Follow-up: Having vomiting sensation while travelling. BP is low, tired and nervous. Suggest the medication? 17 hours later
Hi Dr. (Col) R Karanwal,

Thanks you so much for response and it is so helpful for me.

An other Question again for Granny only

Since two days she suffering with throat pain and cough. An other symptom she is spitting the green color sticky stuff comes out of her mouth.

Please help in this regard.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
A course of antibiotics will help in Bronchitis

Detailed Answer:

It is a bacterial infection of either lungs (called Bronchitis) or sinuses (called Sinusitis).

Treatment with a course of antibiotics (I mostly prescribe Amoxclav 1.25gm twice daily for 5 days) both conditions, will suffice. Please DO NOT take it lightly, as your granny is a diabetic.

Incidentally, I presume that you will begin your journey at night. Hence you may give your granny just one tablet (for vomiting) 1-2 hours BEFORE journey. There's no requirement of the dose on the previous night.

Hope I have replied to your query to your satisfaction. If you have further queries, I will be happy to answer.

However, if there are no further queries, kindly close the discussion and RATE my answer.

Fond regards,

Dr. R Karanwal