Having vomit sensation and mild pain in upper stomach. Taking nexpro-l. Is this serious?

General Surgeon
i have mild pain in my upper stomach Sometimes i have vomitting sensation
and always i have heartburn after consulting a doctor i take nexpro-L tablet(levoslupride+Esmoprasole) for 6 weeks but after stopping this tablet again i have the pain back in the stomach and heatburn too. my doctor said there is loose movement in your food pipe and stomach. is this serious how can i cure this. did i go for endoscophy test for this. Is this is curable i am scared pls help me.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Upper abdominal pain is usually caused by stomach disease indeed. Sometimes such symptoms are also caused by gallstones, however the pain is more in the right side and radiates to the back.
And your symptoms seems to be caused by peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation or acid reflux disease. Helicobacter Pylori infection can be present and trigger all your symptoms. In such case, without antibiotics, any treatment will be pointless.
Moreover, such symptoms sometimes can be caused by stomach cancer as well. That is why it is strongly advisable to have gastroscopy performed and rule the cancer out. During this test, Helicobacter Pylori infection will be also verified.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.