Having vibrating sensation in hands and legs. How to solve this problem?

Dec 2012

my hands and legs vibrates without any load on it i think some thing is unstable in my nervous system my nerves became wee what is the problem i am facing and how can i solve it?
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 36 minutes later

Thanks for posting,
I am very much pleased to be able to help you.
If your having generalized muscle tremors then there is likely a nervous breakdown which might originating from your spinal cord or even central nervous system. Patients prescribed tramadol for general pain relief with or without other agents have reported withdrawal symptoms including uncontrollable nervous tremors, muscle contracture, and 'thrashing' in bed (similar to restless leg syndrome) if weaned off the medication too quickly. Anxiety, 'buzzing', 'electrical shock' and other sensations may also be present. So if you have taken tramadol for a long time and sudden withdraw from it, then that is likely the cause of your problem.
Tramadol has a very short half life and its withdrawal period as compared to other opiates is shorter. You will need to talk with your doctor about this and get his opinion. A withdrawal therapist could also be of great assistance.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Bernard