Having vertigo. Having spinning sensation. Cure? Medication?

Jun 2015

am having the problem of vertigo once in year when there is high temperature in the month of april or may when I bent my head back I have spinning sensation and vertigo this goes sometimes automatically when I sleeps on floor without pillow may I know the exacts Couse and medication for this type of problem I do regular swimming these days
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 4 hours later

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:
1. Any pathology in the vestibular apparatus in inner ear (it is associated with maintenance of body posture & balance) & Cerebello-pontine angle.
2. Any fluctuation in blood pressure levels such as Hypotension.
3. Decrease in blood sugar levels (Hypoglycemia)
4. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B 12, Calcium, etc. which interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction.
5. Long term use of certain medications.

Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.
A CT scan of brain might be required to rule out any pathology in the inner ear & Cerebello-pontine angle.

Though symptomatic relief can be obtained by taking anti-vertigo medications, unless the underlying cause is treated, the symptoms will keep recurring.

So, it will be better to consult an ENT specialist & get a proper physical examination done including vestibular function tests.
Based upon that, appropriate management steps could be taken.

Meanwhile, maintain adequate hydration, take a healthy balanced diet & avoid stress.
Also, make sure that you do not get up or bend down your head suddenly.
Take some time, it prevents sudden stimulation of semi circular canals in inner ear & reduces the symptoms of vertigo.

Wishing you a good health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.