Having vaginal lichen planus. How to prevent it from recurring?

this question if for Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX You answered my former query. see below
Thanks for writing to us,
Raw ring like appearance on inner side of lip with burning on contact to spices and heat, classically describes Lichen Planus.
You have also mentioned a history of Raynaud's.
Lichen planus can be associated with this.
It is an autoimmune disorder, where there appears a bluish itchy lesion on skin and burning whitish lesions on oral mucosa.
Sometimes, only the oral mucosa can be involved, called as mucosal lichen planus.
It can be confirmed by doing a mucosal biopsy.

Kindly send a photograph of the lesion, if possible.
It will be a great help to me in diagnosing your condition.

You can apply triamcinalone paste, thrice daily. This will be of great help in decreasing the burning sensation as well as healing the lesions.

Hope I answered your query,
Feel free to ask any further doubt.

Thank you
Replied by Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX , 3 days ago     

How can i get the medicine? Must it be prescribed? Also what can I do to prevent future abruptions? When I have these outbreaks on my lips (and labia) they last for months. Fortunately, they come and go, but how can I prevent them?
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 35 minutes later
Hello thanks for the query.

Yes, you can get these ointments without any prescription. It comes as an oral paste.
The name of chemical is triamcinolone acetonide 1% paste. trade names are tosti, XXXXXXX etc.

I think you have not mentioned about labia in previous post, anyhow lichen planus can involve any mucosal surface.
For labial area please apply fluticasone 0.5% cream once in night till you get relief.

Fluticasone might not be available over the counter in your country, then you can take hydrocortisone 1% cream, application is same.

Lichen Planus can be controlled only by steroids, so next time as soon as you feel the lesions are coming, start applying the above cream.

steroids have side effects so cannot be continued indefinetly, hence you must stop using once the lesions are controlled.

Hope I have explained everything.

Thank you
Follow-up: Having vaginal lichen planus. How to prevent it from recurring? 11 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX
Your answer sent me to my general practitioner today b/c I needed the prescription. He looked up Behcet's syndrome and I had every single symtom, including 3 vasoconstriction heart attacks. I had a XXXXXXX the first time with no indication of blockage. Thank you for your insightful answer. You are a good doctor.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 39 minutes later
Thanks for the appreciation.

Behcet's is also an autoimmune disorder and treatment remains same. It’s good you took a prescription.

Please rate the conversation before you close it.

Thank you.