Having vaginal cramping and spotting. I am sterilised. What are the complications?

hi i was wondering if this sounds serious in the last 3 days ive had abit of viganal cramping with a wee bit of spotting but i dont think i could be pregnant as im sterilized and i had my period just finished about two weeks ago.last month tho my period came twice .what do you think this could mean
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Mild brownish spotting from vagina after your periods are over might be a normal finding. It is not suggestive of pregnancy.
If this spotting is persistent or recurrent then other causes need to be evaluated like - uterine or cervical cause like uterine polyp, cervical dysplasia, chronic cervicitis, cervical polyp, vaginal bacterial infection, dysfunctional uterine bleeding. etc.
These can be ruled out by your gynaecologist by doing a PAP smear and a lower abdomen ultrasound scan.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having vaginal cramping and spotting. I am sterilised. What are the complications? 2 minutes later
the spotting that i had was bright red.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Bright red spotting means it was a fresh bleeding and could be due to any of the above mentioned reasons. Consulting a gynecologist for an examination will be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.