Ask a Urologist   »  

Having urinal problem, Burning sensation during urination. Red scar along vagina and burning. Urine is yellow colour. Treatment?

My wife is facing an urinal problem, few days back she was having burning problem of burning while urinating, sometime while urinating and sometime after urinating. Now she is having small redheaded scar along with the line of her vagina which is again burning as and when water touches it... please let me know the needful or should i consult with a urologist, and yes her urine is colored yellow
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
If caruncle, benign. But better check

Detailed Answer:
There is a possibility that all the symptoms of your wife are due to a lesion called urethral caruncle, (i.e. burning, red coloured lesion), but in view of age being only 28 years, I sincerely do suggest that you go ahead and XXXXXXX a urologist / gynaecologist. Had she been older, I would have said these caruncles are benign, harmless lesions and need to be operated only when they cause trouble, but it is not worth taking the risk at a young age.
Hope I have been able to help you