Having upper stomach issues and unable to eat. Feeling discomfort while sitting. How to get rid of it?

I have upper stomach issues. There a certain foods that I cannot eat especially bread apples etc. I have such discomfort especially when I sit. It feels better when I stand or lie down. Sometimes it gets so bad I am in pain this only happens when I eat
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms might be related to gastritis or gastric ulcers. I advise to keep tracking which foods is causing such problems to avoid them. This include bread or apples that you think are causing troubles.

The spasms of colon could be another factor, which are often associated with bowel movements changes (constipation or loose motion).

For the time being, if I were your doctor would prescribe omeprazole and buscopan to get the symptoms relieved.

If no improvement, I'd suggest to do abdominal echo, fibrogastroscopy, exam of feces for ova/parasites, coproculture, urine analysis. I'd also suggest to get your genital tract checked.

Hope it answered your inquiry!

p.s. if you have other concerns, do not hesitate to contact me.