Having uneasy feeling like something coming out of rib and shoulders. No kidney problem. Consume alcohol

General Surgeon
HI Doctor ,

I have some uneasy feeling just below the right rib backside this not a pain(a feeling as if something coming out off my rib ) ,if a eat for food then i am having more uneasy feeling .

i have same feeling in between the shoulders also .

I am having this problem from JUNE-2012 , In Nov -2012 i had Scanning and doctor informed i don't have any kidney problem .

Very Healthy ,no other major problem .

alcohol consumption :
weekly 180 ml whiskey + beer
Smoking :

Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms are very characteristic for gallstones. What kind of scan have you had? Was it CT or an ultrasound? I`m asking that because gallstones are invisible for CT and ultrasound should be done to visualize them.

With the gallstones the pain is in the upper right abdomen (just below the rib cage), radiates to the back (between the shoulders). Nausea can be also present. The pain is usually triggered by fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol.
If you drink regularly, pancreas inflammation is also possible. The symptoms can be similar to gallstones.

Sometimes stomach issues like peptic ulcers or stomach inflammation. And stomach problems are also invisible for CT or ultrasound.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and have abdominal ultrasound, blood work, liver tests (AST,ALT,GGTP), bilirubin, amylase, urine amylase, urine analysis. If nothing will be found, gastroscopy should be also done.

In a meanwhile please avoid alcohol, fatty foods, spicy foods.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Having uneasy feeling like something coming out of rib and shoulders. No kidney problem. Consume alcohol 22 minutes later
Hi doctor ,

I had ultrasound scan ,and I also have some thing hitting(coming out of body)
Feeling in between shoulders .

I getting backpain also the next day after drinking

Is this somthing releted to fatty lever problem .

I have increased Around 18 kgs Weight from past 8months .
For around three weeks I have done exercise and got relief from pain .

I also have the habit of Masturbation every day ,and week end twice.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 28 minutes later
Fatty liver usually does not give any symptoms. But if you have it, it indicates that your diet or drinking is slowly destroying your liver. Pancreas has no easy life either. It can get fatty as well (it wont be visible in the ultrasound).
When you drink an alcohol, your pancreas gets irritated and gives such symptoms (as the gallstones were ruled out). So pancreas is the most probable reason of your symptoms.

Masturbation is a normal habit and has nothing to do with your symptoms.

Weight gain can be caused by hormonal changes due to fatty liver or even liver cirrhosis. You may also find some additional veins on your abdomen, easy bleeding, or enlarged breasts.

I suggest you to definitely avoid an alcohol. Get mentioned before tests done (including an ultrasound - to see liver condition).

Hope this will help.
Follow-up: Having uneasy feeling like something coming out of rib and shoulders. No kidney problem. Consume alcohol 22 hours later
Hello docotor ,

Can please give me some symptoms Pancreas ,and please give the full name Pancreas .
And liver cirrhosis also can please symptom of this also.

Are these any serious problems ,are curable .

Kindly let know I heard that lever has the ability problems to resolve it my itself .
Please if we have any home remedies for this .

Any this weekend I going to doctor .

Alcohol can cause pancreas inflammation. Such inflammation can be acute or chronic. So we can have acute pancreas inflammation (acute pancreatitis) or chronic pancreatitis.

Pancreas is a very important organ which secretes enzymes for proper digestions. This enzymes are very strong and can easily digest proteins. When this organ gets inflamed, this enzymes get out of pancreas to the surrounding tissues. This causes digestion of this tissues (pancreas can destroy itself and surrounding tissues). This causes strong middle abdominal pain, radiating to the back, nausea and vomiting. Such acute inflammation is very often triggered by an alcohol.

Chronic pancreas inflammation is a slow process of pancreas degeneration due to regular alcohol intake. It is chronic, so it does not give strong pain, rather mild abdominal pains, mostly in the upper middle abdomen, radiating to the back. Nausea, weight loss can be present.

It is also possible that alcohol intake wont cause any of mentioned. But it can irritate the pancreas, so some part of digestive enzymes are getting out of the pancreas and cause some minor damages. This can give pains caused by an alcohol.

Liver cirrhosis is a next level of fatty liver. Due to regular alcohol intake or fatty diet, liver cells get destroyed. This destruction is repaired as the liver has great ability to regenerate. But when this destruction keeps repeating, regular liver tissues are replaced by scar tissue. Scar tissue is completely useless and can not act as a normal liver cell. This causes many changes in the body like: enlarged veins on the abdomen, esophageal varices, blood clotting problem, gyneacomastia (enlarged breasts), fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity and many more.

There is no "magical remedy" for this conditions. Regular drinking for a long time must leave permanent marks in the body. Fatty liver is a reversible process. Liver cirrhosis is not. If you have only fatty liver, you still have time to stop this process.

The best and most effective way to do that is stop drinking alcohol, avoid fatty foods, spicy foods and fried foods.

Hope this will help.