Having underarm odor and sore breast. All tests normal. Is it hormonal issue?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX for about 3 years my right armpit smells foul like cat wee. The same breast can get quite sore to the point of if I have bad indigeston it feels like my breast is on fire. My GP sent me for an ultrasound with a negative result. ive been told its probably hormones so my question is wouldnt both breasts hurt and both armpits stink? Thankyou
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: underarm odour not hormonal Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Firstly under arm odour is not caused due to hormones . Excessive sweating causes under arm odour. And sweating causes accumulation of bacteria hence the odour . That is something you can control by water intake, hygiene and de-odourant . Some people sweat excessively so you need to make sure your under arm is clean and sweat free . On the other hand , pain in t he breast can be due to hormonal reasons . Cyclical pain in t he breast can be related to your menstrual cycle . You may have pain during certain times in your cycle . Other than that you should be examined to make sure there are no lumps etc that can be the cause of the pain during. Get an ultrasound of the breast . That will help rule out lumps etc. Primrose oil caps and vitamin E caps will help with the pain during. Use a tight brasseiere . Apply hot fomentation during pain will also help with.
Follow-up: Having underarm odor and sore breast. All tests normal. Is it hormonal issue? 8 hours later
Thankyou for your reply. My hygeine is goos as I shower twice a day and no longer get my period due to a hysterectomy last year. I had an ultrasound which was clear. I thought maybe there could be an infection somewhere. Sometimes my right breast is so sore I have to hold it to move in bed etc.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
Brief Answer: unlikely Detailed Answer: If there was any infection, then there would be swelling or redness like an abscess . Fever would be a definite symptom . More than likely you have fibroadenosis which is hormone related . But as i mentioned before, an ultrasound should be done to rule out any pathology first . I suggest an examination and an ultrasound . Fatty breasts often have this problem .