Having uncontrollable muscle spasms in forearms and feeling fatigued. What should be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I'm having uncontrollable muscle spasms in my left and right forearms, it feels like someone is squeezing it as hard as possible. It's been going on for awhile now but it's progressively getting worse. There's nothing that takes the pain away. I also have fatigue and trouble remembering simple things.
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
The symptom you have occur most of the time for no known reason, and they're harmless.
Sometimes, it can be due to dehydration, muscle fatigue or electrolyte abnormalities. It is better to drink sufficient fluid and also see that your intake of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium ) is sufficient. You can drink Oralyte for this.
Taking pain killer in combination with a muscle relaxant and methylcobalamin supplements may be needed in case the symptoms are persistent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.